Friday, November 2, 2012

Welcome Elder and Sister Weaver aka fred and nori

Well the next or semi final step of this great adventure has happened.  Nori and I were set apart last night and this morning we leave Fort Collins for our two week training in the MTC.  We were given very nice blessings and were blessed to have Adam and his family as well as our friends, Jim and Betty Wilson attend the event at President Garrett's home.  President Garrett noted the significance of the Savior's love for the poor and needy and the expectation that we should serve to relieve their burden.  I was struck with the thought that the Church is making a significant commitment to the people of Turkey with no real expectation of gain.  We are only charged with sharing what we have and letting others know of the gifts of Christ.

I still do not want to be referred to as Elder Weaver and I will not recognize Nori as Sister Weaver.  I like the simplicity of a simple first name only.  Oh well, it will be what ever it will be.

I was amazed at the tender moments with Adam's kids, our grandkids as they broke out in tears and gave us some great hugs that will be with us for a while.  There was a nice spirit at the blessing and I particularly enjoyed the brief time after when Adam and his family came over to our house for a short goodbye.  Mia gave me a hug and said, "I am not going to let you go."  I told her she would have to come to Turkey with me, so she decided just a hug was enough.

Yesterday was the first note of question from Nori.  She simple noted that now she is getting a little nervous.  She said her heart was racing and she was a little anxious.  I have been amazed at her courage and commitment to this assignment.  She has done so much work to take care of the million details and there is no way to even recognize all the crazy things that have been done to prepare.  Nori is an amazing woman.

We have no clue as to the next step other than to report at the MTC in Provo.  We have been assigned a couple as our guide that will greet us Monday morning Nov. 5th.  Until then we simply travel in faith and expect to gain knowledge as we move forward.

1 comment:

  1. We have set your blog to our homepage now so we won't miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete