Sunday, November 11, 2012

7 (Seven) Days in a Suit

Well I have been wearing a suit and tie for seven days straight.  Although years ago I actually wore a suit and tie to work, I simply carried my suit jacket and nearly always had my tie loose.  Not for these seven days.  Full jacket and tight tie.  However it has been ok.
Sunday services today were the best.  We were like guests and simply let the young elders and sisters have full responsibility.  We had been instructed that the Branch Presidents used the meetings for teaching principles and that old experienced people should just listen.  The reverence was deafening and mom leaned over and said, "no babies crying".
We did not have Sunday School, but we did attend the "Music and Spoken Word" presentation from the conference center in Salt Lake.  We watched the televised version.  What a powerful presentation.  It was all on America and the men and women that have given to our country.  It was a special Veteran's Day presentation.  I could not help but feel so proud of our country and the people who have given so much.  I reflected on the fact we will not be on American soil for the next year and a half.  I know from my short travels how great it is to be in America and I could not help but reflect on my son's return from their missions and the excitement of being home.  I am sure we will experience the same great thrill.
Two firesides tonight. One for our last (and only sunday) and then the standard Sunday evening fireside for everyone.
We did drive up to Layton Saturday afternoon to visit with the Cunningham's.  The Manley's went with us and we went to dinner as family.  Unfortunately our drive home was a disaster of wrecks and stopped traffic.  The roads had turned to pure ice and there were so many bad wrecks that it was quite scary.  We made it home safely and immediately went to bed.
We have started every day for the past week at 6 AM and we are on the go nonstop with something.  It is great.
This photo is of my companion and a brief glimpse of our little apartment.  I am standing by the bathroom door and you can see the end of the bed.  So the double bed is on Nori's left and that is the end of the space.  It is quite cozy with two small chairs and a dresser.  Nevertheless we have been quite comfortable for the short time we spend in our room.  That is a flower in Nori's sweater and of course her name tag so I remember she is Sister Weaver.  We will get our Turkish name tags tomorrow.
We hope you are all well, but we are too busy to think about you too much yet, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine a quiet church meeting. How nice. Love the updates. Love you.

    ReplyDelete