After the training session we all went out for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate lamb sliced thin and spread over a flat bread with a tomato sauce and yogurt. Quite tasty and for the first time in my life I did not feel totally stuffed from eating too much. No pie. We ate a milk custard for dessert.
This experience is so great so far. We have walked a bunch to get to the public transportation and it was raining most of the day. Raincoats and umbrellas and millions of people. Nori ask me if I thought one could ever feel a sense of quiet with so much activity constantly around you and so many people everywhere.
So far we are impressed with the friendliness of the Turkish people and are enjoying our massive dose of culture shock. This is so the right thing to be doing. It is great, yet tiring.
Steve (Elder) Canfield setting up for training.
Anita (Sister) Canfield, Nori (Sister) Weaver and the instructors from headquarters.
Students being exposed to the art of Wheelchair mobility. Derek, Dan and Adam all three could do more in a wheelchair than any of these folks could master. Great experience.


I hope you taught them how to pop wheelies and spin around in circles. The chair just doesn't fit right unless you can stay in a perpetual wheelie. We had a great Thanksgiving. We ate with the Nielsons and brought half of the dinner with us. Food was great. I played football with Ethan and we talked about the good old days of little league football. He wants to play next season. I think he'll do well. We would like to Skype too.
ReplyDelete