Friday, November 9, 2012

MTC end of Missionary Teaching Training

It is snowing today on our little island of peace.  Our training ended today with the Preach My Gospel portion of the work.  It was a very good day and we continue to learn so much from the experiences of the people who have served.  We listened to an older couple that served in Tahiti.  She had suffered a major stroke and he had a pace maker.  Mom and I concluded that the less healthy you are the more remote the Church sends you.  That were on an atol 5hours by boat from the nearest city.  They were so amazing and up beat that you could not help but feel joy.  I just hope that I can be as positive as they are.
I absolutely love being so connected to Nori.  The best part of this whole adventure is that we are totally bound together with the same schedule and same daily assignments.  It is only bathroom breaks that separate us.
Our last training session was a role playing session and we were to play the character of someone we know that is inactive or has left the Church.  We played Dan and really challenged our missionaries.  I will only tell Dan how it all played out, but I want everyone of you to know that their is no greater happiness than just being completely adsorbed in good things with truly good people.  Every aspect of this MTC is good.  Everyone smiles, greets each other and is so amazingly polite that you can not help but feel at peace.
The highlight of the day was a testimony meeting for all the couples going on a foreign mission.  We all had to bear our testimony in the language of our country.  I had a major advantage because I was the only one that had already done that.  Nori did her typical stellar work and we mad Turkey proud.
There were testimonies in the following languages:  Japanese, Polish, Malagase (Madagascar), Italian, Romanian, Phillipeen (non spanish), Tai, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Burmese (Burma) and of course the Turkish.  Miraculous!!!  The commitment of people is beyond belief and so fun.
Tomorrow we begin Humanitarian Service training.
We are heading for bed.  We have gone to bed every night by 9 PM.  We start at 6 AM and these are long days, but the young Elders and Sisters are still in class by the time we are asleep.
Love you all, but we do not mis the world.

3 comments:

  1. Dad it makes me feel so good to hear your experience and positively. You guys are amazing and I am so uplifted by your posts. I hope that you feel the spirit this strong throughout your mission. I am working on getting my own gmail, so that I can post. -Deek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much it means to read these posts. I personally have needed to hear these great experiences this week! I am so glad you are enjoying being with each other every minute of the day. You truly are amazing! We love you!

    ReplyDelete