It begins. We just completed our first day at the MTC and have returned to our room to study our lessons for tomorrow. This has been an interesting day to say the least. I think the best part of the day is hearing all the stories of the various calls. We seem to be the unique mission call and everyone wants to know about the call to Turkey, no one knows anything about the Church there. I am just as impressed with some of the other destinations and the commitment to serve. This place is filled with great people with great life stories.
We are surrounded by youth. The young Elders and Sisters can hardly stand still they are so energized. We ran into Mindy McBride at dinner. She is so fired up and happy. It is worth the whole adventure just to see so many enthusiastic and genuinely happy people. Why do we let the joy of life burn out?
Only complaint, I do not like wearing a suit and tie all day, but I am enduring.
Our bed is just a double and mom will have to be in touch with me all night. We have not slept this close for years.
Unfortunately I was made district leader so now I have responsibility again. I just want to cruise under the radar. This Church is so organized.
My finger is on Istanbul. Mom could not reach it.

Derek wants to know how many are in your district? We are jealous. It's like you guys are the kids off at camp on a cool adventure and we have to stay home to hold down the fort. :) So happy for you! Maggie is too.
ReplyDeleteI put this picture on Facebook. So many people are so excited for you. You look genuinely happy in this picture. Good luck in the sleeping department. Keep in mind that a king size bed is only 30+ miles away.
ReplyDeleteI ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! Day one and it's already better than any TV I can watch. I can hardly wait for the next update! DL! Wow! You know what President Hinckley said, "Give our less-actives callings to help them feel needed."
ReplyDelete