Friday, August 3, 2012

Still Waiting

We are continuing to build excitement about our mission.  Three more months before we leave.  Time seems to be standing still, but we are cramming our heads with new Turkish words.  It is so amazing how much there is to learn.  The sad thing is that I am not sure the time spent will be worth the effort.  We are constantly being told that it is not necessary to learn the language and that it would take way too long to actually learn.  I just do not know.  It seems that learning the language is in reality the only tangible thing I can do to prepare.  I do not know what else I should be using my time doing.

We learned today that the four Elders that were sent to Turkey in February have been returned to Bulgaria.  We do not know why, but have heard that there was a visa issue.  It is funny that we pick up snipits of information, but really know absolutely nothing.

I also talked to Elder Colton yesterday.  He and his wife will be in Izmir in January of 2013.  He told me that they had originally been called to Istanbul, but were notified that another couple was taking that assignment and they were asked to change both the area and time they would serve.  It turns out that Nori and I are that couple.  It boggles my mind that for some reason we displaced someone in order to serve in Istanbul.  Is there really more to this whole thing than I recognize?  Unfortunately I am maybe to numb to recognize a real plan to the whole process.  I hope I come to better understand.



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that it is only 3 months. It's neat to think that you are displacing another couple. Sounds like you are really needed.

    ReplyDelete