This short post is to express my love of my Heavenly Father and the fact that I know He sustains us in our lives.
Today I headed for a meeting with the president of the USBC bank to try to understand the limitations and procedures set up for the LDS Association, the legal representation of the LDS Church in Turkey. This organization has been misunderstood and not functioning properly.
I arrived at Kabataş İstasyon at a unique time. One tren(not misspelled) just left and another was in idle on the adjacent track, the crowd was minimal and I simply got on the train and wonders of wonders, I got a seat. I sat there contemplating our mission and some of the strange things we have been required to do in order to function. Then I noticed them. Obviously a father and his adult son. Locked hand in hand, each had half a head set plugged into their ear and listening to the same music or whatever. The son, as I noted was an adult, just a little taller than his father, but without question, a special needs person. They carefully got on board and the father made sure his son was comfortably seated.
They sat opposite of me and the son leaned over and laid his head on his father's shoulder. His dad reached over with his right hand and gently stroked his son's head. The compassion and love totally overwhelmed me and I thought of my sons (all 5)(Cami I think of you all the time as well) and considered the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I was impressed with the comfort they found with each other and the loving compassion. What a special moment to enjoy someone else's love.
We are so blessed in this life.

Thank you dad! That was beautiful. How did they feel about you taking a picture?
ReplyDeletethey did not seem to notice.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Dad! It brought a little mist to my eye. I think of all the Daddy/Tyson and Daddy/Timmy times! I also think of all of my own special times with my Dad! AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteI remember several times in Guatemala that The Lord reminded me about Tyson, and Tim an that no matter how tough I thought it was, life could be tougher. Good reminder.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful entry. Derek showed me this Mormon Message video Sunday: http://youtu.be/R5FxdCgD-qI
ReplyDeleteIf that link doesn't work, go to the LDS homepage and see the video "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father."
I LOVE this video, the poem, the music.
I marvel at how blessed beyond measure I am to have so many loving fathers-- my dad, you, my husband, all examples of our loving Heavenly Father.