![]() |
| The sun sets on Izmir bay and on our adventures in Turkey |
The next post will hopefully tell where and when we will land. Mixed emotions, but at least we know why it has been so strange lately. Besides after having a Turkish surgery, what else could one do here for excitement.
This has been 9 months of "shock and awe", a journey filled with a plethora of experiences, sights and sounds. We have experienced more stuff than I would ever have expected and have been surprised at all the outcomes. I would never have predicted that some of the circumstances could even be possible, but I come away from it all realizing that no one should ever be surprised about anything. Even the strange is normal.
![]() |
| Who is to determine what is prayer? This man was frantically moving his beads and in full prayer while gazing out the bus window. More of this is visible during Ramazan. |
More to come!!!


Wow! Sorry to hear you are leaving Turkey! I hope your new assignment brings you much success! I also hope your foot is healing quickly!
ReplyDeleteWow! Sorry to hear you are leaving Turkey! I hope your new assignment brings you much success! I also hope your foot is healing quickly!
ReplyDeleteHi Elder Fred and Sister Nori:
ReplyDeleteDoug and I have been back east visiting family for the last month and just got back to CO. I have a super idea for a reassignment...how about the coast of France? You sure could use some R&R for that foot of yours! It was shocking to see the picture...ouch! I agree that you couldn't be in better hands than Nori's. You are both awesome latter-day Saints and a great example to all of us. BTW, Nori...I know how wonderful it was to have your family visit. A little glimpse of heaven, don't you think?
We love you both,
Mary Ellen and Doug
Dear Fred & Nori,
ReplyDeleteWow the adventures and surprises never cease. I appreciate your posts. Many times a sentence or two has given me needed perspective or something to ponder that helped our situation. I am sure it was a difficult decision to move on, but 8 months as missionaries with little to do, yuck. We are excited to here what's next. There are some weird parallels in our paths. We have spent this week shutting down the tsunami related projects (most of our work) and are really wondering what to do for the next 3ish months. We do have a little missionary and member support we can hopefully help with.
Much love,
Dave & Terri