Friday, March 14, 2014

Living the Dream


Doing what no one does
better, SERVE>
Well, another year has passed and now I have spent 45 years married to my childhood sweetheart.  45 years.  That is a life time.  We have shared lives, we have shared experiences, sorrows and gladness.  We have raised each other and grown together through so many things that it is truly unbelievable.
Here's to street food!
Not every woman would eat
this.

         
One year ago.  My trophy wife.
Making new friends in
Ayvalik








The congregation in Izmir.











Now for the past 18 months, we have spent nearly every waking moment together.  The dream of young lovers to never be apart.  To go to sleep together, to wake up together to do everything together. I have not regretted any of this time with Nori, but I must admit it sounds more romantic than it really is.  We look at each other and are amazed that so much has passed through our lives and that we have really been married this long.  A lifetime.
                        
                                With her main squeeze in
                          Effes
The most typical pose in Turkey.
On a bus, surrounded by covered ladies.
Those of you who know us well, know also that we are not calm, loving people.  We are intense, loud and very opinionated.  We are very outspoken with our relationship and one may even think we do not get along.  However we actually do quite well with our differences.  We yell and Nori will hit me, but we really love each other.
Here's to why we really came to serve!  Too
bad no one wanted us to do this.

I have many faults and few talents, but I know how to choose a good wife and I still love her with all my heart.  She is truly my greatest blessing.
At the MTC.  Miss MTC

So just for your information we are still married and living together even though we are not so sure it is really living.  Turkey is not my idea of a great place to celebrate.  We have celebrated two anniversaries here and hope to celebrate no more in this foreign land.

Here's to the great women of the world and the best wife one could ever have.  I am so grateful for Nori and all she does and represents.  She is a wonderful wife, woman, mother, grandmother and lover of people.  Her heart is so good.
    


Here's to changing lives of the
women of the Church.
             
Her greatest joy, LOVING
her kids.  Istanbul

No one serves better or with more love.  She may be a "Martha", but as long as she is involved, nothing of importance ever goes without attention.  She has made so many meals and worked so hard in a country of no resources, that it is simply amazing.  Her ingenuity is beyond belief.

Living the life.  Missing her car.
She has touched lives and changed hearts.

She is my love.

Going native.  Maybe we have been here
too long.










My wife 45 years later.  Pretty nice.

5 comments:

  1. I just hope that Alyson and me can be as great of a mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and missionaries as you two. Congratulations to both of you! I love you both so much and look forward to seeing you soon! Dad, awesome eulogy, oops blog for mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both. Fred, marrying up is a good thing. You are a fortunate man!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Happy anniversary. Here is to another 45.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! It is inspirational to see that after all you have been through you have stuck together and have not given up. I am grateful for that. We are so excited to see you

    ReplyDelete